Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on November 10, 2020, 04:07:27 pm

Title: Lockdown sunset
Post by: KMRennie on November 10, 2020, 04:07:27 pm
England is back in lockdown so I am limiting myself to photographing within walking/ cycling radius and this makes finding good locations more challenging than usual. This is a field on the outskirts of the small town where I live, the flooded part was a bonus. Ten minutes after taking the last image I was home with a beer an unanticipated bonus of the pandemic. Ken
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 10, 2020, 05:07:56 pm
I wish I had scenes that nice close to my home.
Nice set.
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 10, 2020, 05:54:46 pm
Beautiful. If I had to pick just one, and I wouldn't like having to do so, I think #3 is my favorite.
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: kers on November 10, 2020, 07:46:07 pm
Very nice sunsets! like nr 2 very much!

just did some cycling around Amsterdam where i live. maybe the same evening... ( sunday)
on my return
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: langier on November 10, 2020, 08:29:08 pm
A nice collection, nicely done!
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: guido on November 10, 2020, 08:34:23 pm
Fine set! #2 is strongest for me...
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 11, 2020, 03:42:06 am
Great set.
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on November 11, 2020, 06:37:21 am
 Very nice Ken, I'm really liking #3 but they are all very well seen and done!
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: petermfiore on November 11, 2020, 07:54:10 am
Excellent!!  The Gift of great light.

Peter
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: Bob_B on November 11, 2020, 08:07:58 am
+1, I couldn't agree more with all the earlier comments. Congratulations!
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 11, 2020, 09:30:55 am
I see your #4 and raise you mine:*

* A bit more urban ;)



Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 11, 2020, 12:49:43 pm
Cool 8)
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 11, 2020, 12:51:59 pm
Very nice set indeed :)

Well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: brandtb on November 11, 2020, 01:20:42 pm
Nice group, and especially that third image
Title: Re: Lockdown sunset
Post by: KMRennie on November 11, 2020, 05:07:49 pm
Thanks everyone for the comments and the images. Pieter this was Friday and judging by the speed that weather fronts move it would have been well past Amsterdam by Sunday. Slobodan " I fold" as you have managed to contain the interest in the bright area under the dark clouds. No matter how often I ran up and down the field I couldn't see all of the trees with the foliage contained in the bright patch. Perhaps the next sunset. Ken