Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on November 08, 2020, 11:29:21 am

Title: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 08, 2020, 11:29:21 am
Red Rock Wilderness north of Sedona and 55 miles distant the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff Arizona. From my deck I saw this setting up and grabbed my 80-400 just in time; 185 mm of compression. Wahoo!
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2020, 12:03:47 pm
Good catch.
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 08, 2020, 01:01:37 pm
Excellent catch. I wonder, though, if the blue sky and black cloud above are necessary. They strike me as additional horizontal bands which distract from the beauty below.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 08, 2020, 02:01:48 pm
I wonder, though, if the blue sky and black cloud above are necessary. They strike me as additional horizontal bands which distract from the beauty below.
Yes, I had the same thought, but decided to go with the banded "theme" along with the blue/yellow complementarity. I think it would work with your "crop" too though. If I print it big, I will have to decide.
Thanks for the comments, both of you.
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: RSL on November 08, 2020, 02:36:33 pm
It's beautiful, David. I don't agree with Jeremy this time.
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 08, 2020, 04:45:28 pm
Thanks, Russ :)
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 08, 2020, 05:17:14 pm
+1
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 08, 2020, 06:42:37 pm
It's a cracker and would look really good as a huge airport lobby type of print.

Dave
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 09, 2020, 04:47:27 am
Great shot.
Title: Re: Red Rock Sunset
Post by: David Eckels on November 09, 2020, 08:47:20 am
Thanks, guys.
Dave, yeah, I'm holding my breath in anticipation ???
Although, I must say it did print well.