Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KLaban on November 07, 2020, 10:11:42 am

Title: Harvest Festival
Post by: KLaban on November 07, 2020, 10:11:42 am
Harvest Festival. A complete rethink and reshoot for this unusual specimen.

(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Harvest_Festival2.jpg)   

Title: Re: Harvest Festival
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2020, 12:50:54 pm
Great, even with the amazing change of mood.
Title: Re: Harvest Festival
Post by: francois on November 08, 2020, 08:39:22 am
Lovely composition and very different with the leaves and darker background…
Title: Re: Harvest Festival
Post by: John R on November 08, 2020, 12:29:20 pm
Harvest Festival. A complete rethink and reshoot for this unusual specimen.
Indeed it is. I was thinking about this image for a while. Provocative to say the least. I still find it disturbing, possibly because I see the cycle of life and death and how things become part of another cycle after they die - and I am just not accustomed to facing this reality in a such a graphic way. The theme of harvest is a whimsical element that turns things upside down and creates a tension between it and the underlying reality. Very creative and well executed.

JR
Title: Re: Harvest Festival
Post by: KLaban on November 08, 2020, 03:43:49 pm
Thanks all.

This series is as new to me as I hope it is to others. I find the feedback on these images both helpful and illuminating: it really is appreciated.