Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 06, 2020, 08:37:37 pm

Title: Balance
Post by: MattBurt on November 06, 2020, 08:37:37 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50574517061_5113040001_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2k46BW6)
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: degrub on November 06, 2020, 08:50:47 pm
Epochal starburst !
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2020, 10:28:11 pm
Epochal starburst !
+1.
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 07, 2020, 05:47:37 am
Ditto to degrub and Eric.
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: francois on November 07, 2020, 08:14:42 am
Perfect timing and framing for this western dolmen!
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: RSL on November 07, 2020, 08:39:58 am
Good work, Matt. The rays are perfect.
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: MattBurt on November 07, 2020, 10:58:46 am
Thanks for the comments!
It was hit and miss out there last night. I took my kit and the dog and walked to this rock formation. I thought maybe the big looming cloud would get illuminated or maybe it would just stay grey. Then the sun broke through for about a minute. The rocks behind me looked great in the light but I was too far for a composition I liked so I decided to do the old faithful f/13 starburst trick facing West and it came together. I had to blend exposures to not blow out the clouds close to the sun.
These rocks are one of those "hidden in plain sight" features we have a few of around here. Fun to visit now and then. Lots of people pass by and never notice.
Title: Re: Balance
Post by: nirpat89 on November 07, 2020, 05:11:56 pm
....and timing!

Simply perfect combination of light, composition and mood.


:Niranjan.

Title: Re: Balance
Post by: degrub on November 07, 2020, 10:22:25 pm
Thanks for the comments!
It was hit and miss out there last night. I took my kit and the dog and walked to this rock formation. I thought maybe the big looming cloud would get illuminated or maybe it would just stay grey. Then the sun broke through for about a minute. The rocks behind me looked great in the light but I was too far for a composition I liked so I decided to do the old faithful f/13 starburst trick facing West and it came together. I had to blend exposures to not blow out the clouds close to the sun.
These rocks are one of those "hidden in plain sight" features we have a few of around here. Fun to visit now and then. Lots of people pass by and never notice.

It reminds me of a Neolithic passage tomb...