Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 06, 2020, 12:47:43 pm

Title: River park sunrise
Post by: MattBurt on November 06, 2020, 12:47:43 pm
Nice one this morning. I was planning a walk farther from home but didn't leave enough time for that so I came here to catch the light and color before it was gone.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50573039266_2a9de1a57b_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2k3Y3CS)
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: David Eckels on November 06, 2020, 02:08:12 pm
Nice one!
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2020, 02:51:05 pm
Yes it is!
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: brandtb on November 08, 2020, 09:57:34 pm
Nice image
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: MattBurt on November 09, 2020, 10:51:42 am
Nice one!

Yes it is!

Nice image

Thanks guys!
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: John R on November 09, 2020, 11:01:55 am
Nice image
Indeed it is. Did you use split neutral density filter on this one? Many landscapers do, so I was wondering if you do.

JR
Title: Re: River park sunrise
Post by: MattBurt on November 09, 2020, 11:36:20 am
Indeed it is. Did you use split neutral density filter on this one? Many landscapers do, so I was wondering if you do.

JR

Thanks! I didn't use a filter at all. The Pentax (or Tamron) 15-30 requires a big filter holder and I have not acquired one although I still might.
My technique is usually to bracket if contrast is high and either pick the best of the (usually) 3 or blend.
With this shot blending was not necessary. I did bring the highlights down a bit to make it look more balanced.