Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: guido on October 26, 2020, 01:31:57 pm

Title: CC PS 22.0 issue with ACR filters
Post by: guido on October 26, 2020, 01:31:57 pm
I have been using CC PS 21.x and have a clean workflow but have hit something strange with 22.0

The workflow I'm using is as follows:

I open a raw file, and open as a smart object in PS, prophotoRGB and 16bit. (although it repros with adobeRGB too...)
I create a B&W adjustment layer which gives me effectively a RGB document without color values. But a quick check Image>Mode shows RGB 16bit.
I then create create a Camera Raw Filter that I want to use the new color grade tool to tint the shadows (to make a jpg that matches my qtr split tone prints but that is outside the scope of the issue) I have been using the split tone tab on ACR to do this for some time.
But when the ACR filter opens the colorspace for ACR is monochrome not the Adobe Color that I got with 21.x. And because it is monochrome most of the color related tools live vibrance/saturation sliders, HSL etc. are available (grayed out) 
And the big gotcha for me is that the color grade panel is just in luminosity mode no color adjustment is available!

Has anyone else seen this or got any idea on how to work around it?

Adobe support is running 2+ hour wait times so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any Idea...

Thanks!
Title: Re: CC PS 22.0 issue with ACR filters
Post by: guido on October 29, 2020, 10:02:34 am
A rollback to 21.2.4 resolved the issue. A kind Adobe support rep followed up on the unsuccessful chat and scheduled a session to try to repro the issue so they can fix it.

All is good.
Title: Re: CC PS 22.0 issue with ACR filters
Post by: TomRobbins on October 29, 2020, 12:07:21 pm
Thank you for following up, Guido.