Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 23, 2020, 01:52:09 pm
-
All week this week the sunsets have been very nice. Last night must have been the finale with the most intense fiery sunset I have probably witnessed in years!
It's bittersweet because I know a big contributor to how they look is smoke and there are huge fires burning out of control elsewhere in the state. My heart goes out to those being threatened by or who have already lost their homes to wildfires. Truly horrific.
When I got to this location (2 miles from home) it looked like the best color would be to the East with lots of high clouds to catch the light. But when it went down the real action ended up being in the West. I had a good open view of the sky but scrambled for some foreground interest that I had put myself on the wrong side of.
The best solution ended up being a pano to include light on the rocks with the colorful sky in one image.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50519108252_dbc0c21701_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2jYcCPN)
I also got some photos looking West and they document the sunset better but aren't as good as a whole image IMO.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50519107992_eea463ce91_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2jYcCKj)
-
Nice! So close yet gives the impression of being so remote.
I think the right side of the pano would stand on its own even without the sunset.
-
Nice! So close yet gives the impression of being so remote.
I think the right side of the pano would stand on its own even without the sunset.
Thanks and yes we are fortunate to have this amenity. 75 miles of single track and 100 miles of 4x4 roads through sage hills and mesas with granite islands here and there. I love riding my mountain bike here with endless combinations of routes to keep it interesting.
I have some photos of just that right side area and it does make a fine subject when conditions are good.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/4808/32783439398_aa6a08d07b_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/RWXGnL)
In the winter it feels especially remote here. I love it.
-
All quite beautiful, Matt.
-
Beautiful.