Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Michael Erlewine on October 23, 2020, 12:15:48 pm

Title: Photoshop CC 22.0 Upgrade
Post by: Michael Erlewine on October 23, 2020, 12:15:48 pm
Photoshop CC 22.0 Upgrade

This upgrade is more than just minor. The system of Photoshop and Camera Raw seems to work faster and much smoother. It is noticeable.

The ability to hide panels in Camera Raw is very welcome, as is the ability to select an area of an image, blow it up, and edit. I have been able to remove very fine clipping in this way.

Also increase GPU support. The new Color Grading Wheels we are used to in video editing software like Premiere Pro I will have to play with to use them in still photography, but should be useful. Also new cameras, lenses, and supported profiles.

It is remarkable to actually feel the difference and smoother movement in the software. 
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 22.0 Upgrade
Post by: langier on October 23, 2020, 07:16:58 pm
Overall, one of the easiest upgrades to PS & Bridge I've experienced. Just a few tweaks and it worked. Usually, I've got to go through everything and set things back to what I used in the previous version which happens over several days. This time, it was set-up to my liking and all the plug-ins and scripts were working within an hour or so.

Maybe it had something to do with the Adobe Max conference and they didn't want to do a Bill Gates "Blue Screen of Death" Windows upgrade demo...
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 22.0 Upgrade
Post by: kers on October 24, 2020, 03:49:03 am
i could not choose my language, so i wait a bit ( all actions are language related)