Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rayyan on October 11, 2020, 12:06:42 pm

Title: Stopping along the way...
Post by: Rayyan on October 11, 2020, 12:06:42 pm
(https://fursan.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p4011771171-5.jpg)

(https://fursan.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p4011771135-5.jpg)

Bali.
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 11, 2020, 01:37:51 pm
Fascinating.

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind the architecture of the set of individual fountains.
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: Rayyan on October 11, 2020, 02:31:45 pm
Eric,

These are holy water springs in Bali. They are closely associated with the Balinese form of Hinduism which is the dominant faith in that part of Indonesia.
Symbolism is very important in the Balinese culture.

I was told and did read about certain shapes and forms you see there. I would not like to comment as I am not well versed in that faith.
In any case, the history and practice is fascinating!

In my opinion, Bali is overhyped nowadays. I would, personally, skip it and visit the nearby island of Lombok. This is what Bali was 20 years ago, when we first visited Bali.

(https://fursan.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p4011924548-5.jpg)

Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: RSL on October 11, 2020, 03:02:09 pm
Both fascinating, Rayyan.
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 11, 2020, 05:12:16 pm
Yes.
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: rabanito on October 11, 2020, 06:03:10 pm
Yes.
+1
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: francois on October 12, 2020, 08:24:24 am
Stunning and intriguing shots. I suspected something spiritual with those springs. So, thanks you for the detailed information.
Bravo, again.
Title: Re: Stopping along the way...
Post by: Rayyan on October 12, 2020, 09:11:00 am
Much appreciated folks.

Stay safe and well.