Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: plugsnpixels on October 10, 2020, 02:11:15 pm

Title: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: plugsnpixels on October 10, 2020, 02:11:15 pm
The tree trimmers came by earlier in the week and improved my west-facing LA-area lockdown peephole view of the world.

Thursday evening, I peeked out to catch the sunset and was greeted with some large chicken foot and other geometric shapes. I think there’s a sunset buried in here somewhere!

Long-zoom versions were levels-tweaked for dramatic impact.

Comment as you will.
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 10, 2020, 04:09:37 pm
Wild stuff.
#2 suggests a plane that has just been shot down, heading to crash. Looks very grim.

The third one is more like skywriters who forgot to turn off the smoke.
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: plugsnpixels on October 10, 2020, 05:08:32 pm
Thanks Eric, I suspect you see this stuff back East as well.
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 11, 2020, 07:46:07 am
Wild stuff.
#2 suggests a plane that has just been shot down, heading to crash. Looks very grim.

The third one is more like skywriters who forgot to turn off the smoke.

 I like all the shots but those descriptions by Eric are very good!!
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: plugsnpixels on October 11, 2020, 03:18:10 pm
Great description yes, but nothing crashing, even though it looks like a WWII dogfight...

Here are similar shots I took in CA in 2003 and 2006.
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: francois on October 12, 2020, 08:19:00 am
Massive contrails. Usually, I'm not a fan but these ones are interesting and with some imagination we can re-create the WW2 skies…
Bravo!
Title: Re: Geometric Chicken-Foot Sunset
Post by: plugsnpixels on October 12, 2020, 10:20:57 am
Thanks Francois!