Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on October 09, 2020, 10:34:33 am

Title: Liriope B/W
Post by: Bob_B on October 09, 2020, 10:34:33 am
Another in my series of plants leaves. This time, Liriope spicata (aka lilyturf) leaves. I chose a different processing scheme from the earlier photos I posted, with less dynamics and (maybe) a touch of mystery. Please let me know your thoughts on it, and thank you for stopping by to view this photo. - Bob
Title: Re: Liriope B/W
Post by: David Eckels on October 09, 2020, 11:05:13 am
Nice, Bob. Looks almost like a platinum print. Is it toned with a little grain?
Title: Re: Liriope B/W
Post by: Bob_B on October 09, 2020, 04:50:52 pm
Nice, Bob. Looks almost like a platinum print. Is it toned with a little grain?

Thanks David. Yes, I have added a wee bit of toning; my own concoction done in PS, more towards a light sepia than a platinum toning. And, as you noticed, there is indeed some soft grain added for a boost in the 'mystery' I tried to achieve.
Title: Re: Liriope B/W
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 09, 2020, 05:59:32 pm
Less dramatic processing than your recent ones, but very fitting for the subject.
I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Liriope B/W
Post by: Bob_B on October 10, 2020, 07:11:38 am
Thanks Eric. That's what I was going for with this processing attempt.