Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on October 05, 2020, 06:35:32 pm

Title: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: KMRennie on October 05, 2020, 06:35:32 pm
A nice walk to try and photograph pheasants ended in total failure, I could hear them but they remained hidden. I did end up at my local river which was full due to the recent rain and managed to get an image that I am happy with but will return when Autumn colours are more advanced. On the way home the setting sun lit up the trees and land to the East. This image was taken with a 100-400mm lens with the camera held high above my head to clear the hedgerows, isn't VR wonderful. Ken
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: RSL on October 05, 2020, 07:38:40 pm
Beautiful, Ken, especially 2.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 06, 2020, 06:10:27 am
Excellent, both of them.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: francois on October 06, 2020, 06:44:43 am
Two beautiful images. I especially like the second one with the golden light.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: MattBurt on October 06, 2020, 11:34:46 am
Both very nice. That's a river I could spend some time with.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 06, 2020, 12:10:08 pm
This image was taken with a 100-400mm lens with the camera held high above my head to clear the hedgerows, isn't VR wonderful. Ken

That is amazing.  Exposure time appears close to a second.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: kers on October 06, 2020, 12:52:13 pm
That is amazing.  Exposure time appears close to a second.

+1 you are a human tripod ! (...Do you have three legs?)
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 06, 2020, 01:52:17 pm
The second one is wonderful.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: KMRennie on October 07, 2020, 07:36:28 am
Thanks everyone I was delighted by the results of the sunset image. I pass the trees a few times a week and have tried to photograph them often but this is by far my best attempt. In my photography I am trying to find beauty in the ordinary although in this case I have been fortunate enough to come across the scene in stunning light with great clouds. It is not to say that photographing well known "honeypot" locations has less merit but finding a new "image" gives me more of a buzz than photographing a well known Lakeland. Covid regulations allowing I will be off to the North of Scotland for a weeks photography and no doubt will be visiting some oft photographed locations. Will I produce something unique? Unlikely. Will I enjoy trying? Yes. Will I investigate locations so far ignored by the many guides, you tube experts and social media gurus? Definitely. Ken
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: langier on October 08, 2020, 03:07:09 pm
Well done on both, Ken!
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: Cornfield on October 08, 2020, 05:24:35 pm
You are maintaining the usual high standard.
Title: Re: A local walk in Cumbria
Post by: anandjoshi on October 10, 2020, 10:12:04 am
Nice work. Liked the first one more.