Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on October 03, 2020, 06:00:23 pm

Title: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: RMW on October 03, 2020, 06:00:23 pm
September 30, 2020
As the leaves fell.
Hope you enjoy.
Richard
Title: Re: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: RSL on October 03, 2020, 07:39:17 pm
A beautiful swamp, Richard.
Title: Re: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 03, 2020, 07:57:07 pm
A beautiful swamp, Richard.
+1.
Title: Re: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: francois on October 04, 2020, 11:28:30 am
When I see this superb shot, I can imagine that we have the same woods in the Alps but then the swampy nature of the soil tells a different story…

Well done again, Richard.
Title: Re: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 04, 2020, 11:55:40 am
When I see this superb shot, I can imagine that we have the same woods in the Alps but then the swampy nature of the soil tells a different story…

Well done again, Richard.

+1. Beautiful light, and one can feel some of the humidity.
Title: Re: Fall Afternoon in Bayou Boeuf Swamp
Post by: RMW on October 05, 2020, 11:13:42 am
Thank you Russ, Eric, Francois, and Rajan.

What resembles a green mossy ground cover is actually a small plant floating on water that's a foot deep, or more. It's why they call a swamp a flooded forest. And it accounts in part for the heavy humid air that swamps are famous for.

I wonder if PS will create an app for virtual humidity ?

Take good care.

Richard