Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on October 03, 2020, 02:48:30 pm

Title: Nandina b/w
Post by: Bob_B on October 03, 2020, 02:48:30 pm
More experiments in black and white processing of foliage. This time Nandina (sometimes called sacred bamboo) leaves. I appreciate your comments and thank you for viewing.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 03, 2020, 08:01:46 pm
I think you've nailed the B&W processing.
This is a beauty.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: Bob_B on October 04, 2020, 07:23:43 am
Eric: Thank you for your kind words.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 04, 2020, 07:38:08 am
I think you've nailed the B&W processing.
This is a beauty.

Indeed. It now comes down to personal taste. I prefer the earlier Hosta image by a hair.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: Bob_B on October 04, 2020, 10:01:58 am
Thanks Rajan.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: francois on October 04, 2020, 11:23:15 am
I like this one a lot. The B&W processing gives a 3D look, I feel like I could touch those leaves.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: Bob_B on October 04, 2020, 12:36:44 pm
I like this one a lot. The B&W processing gives a 3D look, I feel like I could touch those leaves.

Hi francois. Thanks, and I'm happy you noticed that, as I worked on it extensively while processing. It's nice to know that the technique worked in this case.
Title: Re: Nandina b/w
Post by: francois on October 05, 2020, 06:06:29 am
Quote
…
It's nice to know that the technique worked in this case.

Your processing worked perfectly, at least for my weary eyes!