Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on October 03, 2020, 12:40:36 pm

Title: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 03, 2020, 12:40:36 pm
Mars and Moon. I'll let you decide which is which :D
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: guido on October 04, 2020, 07:19:11 am
Lovely image David!
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 04, 2020, 09:43:36 am
Thanks, Guido. Practically three full moons in a row and I guess we get a blue moon on the 29th. The proximity of Mars is fun too; or maybe I just started to notice.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 04, 2020, 09:54:45 am
Lovely image David!
+1.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 04, 2020, 07:19:55 pm
Thanks, Eric.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: Rayyan on October 05, 2020, 09:59:17 am

Excellent David.

I think the small one is the moon!

Take care.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 05, 2020, 10:12:19 am
Thanks Rayyan. Actually, you'd be correct if "small" means the least mass; the Moon has less mass than Mars. Also, the Moon's radius is about half that of Mars. Wikipedia is a wonderful thing sometimes 8)
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: MattBurt on October 05, 2020, 03:43:37 pm
Excellent!
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 05, 2020, 04:41:18 pm
You're very kind, Matt.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 06, 2020, 06:14:34 am
Nice. The clouds add a good deal of interest.
Title: Re: M&M 100220
Post by: David Eckels on October 06, 2020, 09:33:04 am
Thanks, Paulo. I agree about the clouds, but it was touch and go with Mars as it would dim at times.