Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on October 02, 2020, 10:55:13 am

Title: Embrace
Post by: RSL on October 02, 2020, 10:55:13 am
.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: MattBurt on October 02, 2020, 11:43:16 am
Very interesting trees. Nicely seen. Some earlier morning or later evening light might add a little more drama.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: RSL on October 02, 2020, 03:46:25 pm
Thanks, Matt. Problem is that these guys are in the middle of a forest, so the light doesn't get awfully good at any time of day. This was mid-morning when the light is about as good as it gets.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 02, 2020, 04:19:44 pm
After seeing the header I was hoping to see a Florida python, Russ.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: MattBurt on October 02, 2020, 05:14:53 pm
Thanks, Matt. Problem is that these guys are in the middle of a forest, so the light doesn't get awfully good at any time of day. This was mid-morning when the light is about as good as it gets.

I understand the struggle. I'd be inclined to try a few different types of light if possible. Overcast diffused light might also make a nice soft presentation.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: francois on October 03, 2020, 06:14:24 am
Perfectly chosen title for this shot. The tree's "posture" is interesting - even elegant.
Well seen.
Title: Re: Embrace
Post by: RSL on October 03, 2020, 08:27:39 am
Thanks all. And, Matt, this may be closer to what you had in mind. I probably pushed the black slider a bit too far to the left, though I prefer that version. I must have shot these trees at least a dozen times over the years I've been going out to P.E.A.R. park. The light doesn't really get any better than this in the middle of the woods.