Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on September 29, 2020, 10:35:31 am

Title: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 29, 2020, 10:35:31 am
The Pyramids of Iceland. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/09/29/the-pyramids-of-iceland/)

Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: David Eckels on September 29, 2020, 12:32:31 pm
Interesting, Rajan. I think I like #2 the most. Something enigmatic that draws me in.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: John R on September 29, 2020, 12:45:29 pm
Really like that first one Rajan. The moving clouds remind me of a watercolor painting because the greys are so nuanced. They also help bring out the grittiness of the the hostile landscape while at same same time softening its hashness. Superb!

JR
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2020, 12:06:55 am
Lovely.

Another great sight that I missed in '74.   :(
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 30, 2020, 04:26:42 am
Well done.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: brandtb on September 30, 2020, 04:37:38 am
Very nice that first one
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 30, 2020, 05:49:06 am
Thank you, gentlemen.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: francois on September 30, 2020, 08:10:22 am
One more vote for #1 but both are spectacular and you can be proud.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: nirpat89 on September 30, 2020, 08:34:41 am
Out of this world!
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: RSL on September 30, 2020, 11:30:24 am
Interesting stuff, Rajan, but I think I'll stay away from thee.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 30, 2020, 11:34:58 am
Francois and Niranjan - thank you.

Interesting stuff, Rajan, but I think I'll stay away from thee.

Thanks, Russ. As for staying away from me, you don't have to be so rude in public  :D
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: RSL on September 30, 2020, 11:51:39 am
Oops. Substitute "there," Rajan and we'll still be friends.  ;D 8) ::)
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 30, 2020, 02:16:20 pm
The first is fine. The second, though, conveys the scale and magnificent desolation of Iceland.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 30, 2020, 07:40:07 pm
Nice! #1 for me, the cones feel grander.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: RMW on September 30, 2020, 09:09:40 pm
Both poetic, powerful, and sublime for me.
Title: Re: The Pyramids of Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 01, 2020, 05:31:27 am
Jeremy, Scott, Richard - thanks.