Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on September 29, 2020, 10:21:37 am

Title: Protective
Post by: RSL on September 29, 2020, 10:21:37 am
.
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: David Eckels on September 29, 2020, 12:33:45 pm
Winsome. Lovely, Russ.
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: John R on September 29, 2020, 12:40:35 pm
Winsome. Lovely, Russ.
Now that is indeed winsome and cool. How did you determine exposure since the background is almost black? Or did it shift to black because you exposed for the light?

JR
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: RSL on September 29, 2020, 02:57:29 pm
Thanks, David and John. And John, with these pictures from the river I always have to do some post-processing in Camera Raw. In this case I pulled the black slider all the way over to the left because I didn't want anything distracting in the background. The river actually was the background, but since the camera does its best to average everything out to middle gray, the background was deep gray, but not black. As it turned out, I needed to bring down the brightness of the blooms in order to show their texture. The whole thing sounds complicated, but it's about a one minute job in Camera Raw. I made the shot with a Nikon D750 and a 70-200mm f/4 lens. One thing that helped was that the morning was completely overcast. No sign of the sun.
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2020, 12:04:32 am
Winsome. Lovely, Russ.
Definitely.
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 30, 2020, 05:48:33 am
Superb image.
Title: Re: Protective
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 30, 2020, 07:59:51 am
+1