Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on September 26, 2020, 04:31:16 pm

Title: View from Redcloud
Post by: MattBurt on September 26, 2020, 04:31:16 pm
I did a big hike yesterday after a chilly night sleeping in the back of my truck at the trailhead (woke up frosty!).
The hike took me to the summit of two 14ers, Redcloud and Sunshine. Weather was great and just a little breezy up high.
Views in the San Juans are always pretty good. The big blocky peak is Uncompahgre which I can also see from home on the other side.
Great day!

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50383864573_3aee6b0661_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2jLftAe)
 
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: langier on September 26, 2020, 05:50:13 pm
Nice Matt!

Makes me want to head back to the San Juans sometime.
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: RSL on September 26, 2020, 07:38:39 pm
Lovely, Matt. Looks like home.

Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: Rayyan on September 27, 2020, 05:55:21 am

Excellent.
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: francois on September 27, 2020, 08:17:05 am
Stunning view with all those peaks!
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2020, 02:11:38 pm
Stunning view with all those peaks!
+1.

Makes me glad that I did some good mountain hiking when I was young enough to do it. Mostly Sierras (my highest was 13,200 feet, Foresters Pass,) Canadian Rockies, White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 28, 2020, 05:32:18 am
Fantastic location. Should make for great photos in the light of the low sun.
Title: Re: View from Redcloud
Post by: MattBurt on September 28, 2020, 10:42:48 am
Fantastic location. Should make for great photos in the light of the low sun.

I thought so too but I was only there in the middle of the day. Takes half a day to get up or down so I'll have to camp up there sometime for the best light. :)