Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dennmorr on September 19, 2020, 11:57:21 pm

Title: My computer can't find my p-6000 printer
Post by: dennmorr on September 19, 2020, 11:57:21 pm
I just purchased a very lightly used Epson P6000 to replace  my 7600 which I have used for over 10 years. I downloaded the driver and started the installation and my computer can't locate the printer. I have tried variations of turning the printer on, changing the printer cord, and have tried the installation on 3 different computers. Still no luck. The only thing I can think of is that 2 of the channels are out of ink. (the seller shipped it with two empty cartridges) Any suggestions are appreciated. 
Dennis Morris 
Title: Re: My computer can't find my p-6000 printer
Post by: rasworth on September 20, 2020, 10:05:35 am
You don't explicitly state the connection method, I assume you're using USB.  The USB port could be faulty, perhaps the previous owner attached via ethernet.  If possible you could try same.  I doubt that the cartridges would have any effect on printer detection/installation.

I did a quick read of the manual, no indication that the USB port can be switched off, but you should check.

Richard Southworth
Title: Re: My computer can't find my p-6000 printer
Post by: dennmorr on September 20, 2020, 10:18:08 am
It is a USB - I sent a note to the seller to see if he used USB or Ethernet.
Title: Re: My computer can't find my p-6000 printer
Post by: dennmorr on September 20, 2020, 10:27:59 am
 Now this is embarrassing-  I looked to see what other options I had and found that I had put the wire in the ethernet port !!!!!!!!!!   Was too tired after unpacking and moving it into the house!!! Dennis (Red Faced)