Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 12, 2020, 06:11:39 am

Title: Precision?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 12, 2020, 06:11:39 am
Topaz AI sharpener can give impressive results. It can add apparent sharpness not only to the image, but to the exposure compensation.

(The screenshot is from LR, after a round trip to AIS; the actual compensation is -2⅔, of course).

Jeremy
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: francois on September 12, 2020, 09:01:16 am
I have a hard time figuring out the result… I need some more math practice.  ;D
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: mcbroomf on September 12, 2020, 10:06:57 am
So much for the I in AI
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on September 12, 2020, 03:08:54 pm
I have a hard time figuring out the result… I need some more math practice.  ;D

It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Peano on September 12, 2020, 08:03:13 pm
Sheldon Cooper, call your office.
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: rdonson on September 12, 2020, 09:01:47 pm
Sheldon Cooper, call your office.

ROTFLMAO
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 13, 2020, 03:44:59 am
It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...

I don't know how you get to that result, Bart: 53687/80531 (using just the first few numbers) is 0.66666. It's plainly just a rounding error, but I found it amusing.

You're certainly right about the positioning, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Arlen on September 13, 2020, 02:56:11 pm
It is pretty funny. And it does look somewhat like an exponent, as written; hence Bart's number.
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: francois on September 14, 2020, 09:08:51 am
It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...

Thanks Bart but for my weary eyes it's too much (or too many digits)…
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 14, 2020, 09:50:56 am
So much for the I in AI
I think the I stands for Imbecility.
Title: Re: Precision?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 14, 2020, 01:28:58 pm
I think the I stands for Imbecility.

The world has no need for artificial imbecility. As Eric Idle sang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY),

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!

Jeremy