Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on September 08, 2020, 12:00:30 am

Title: Skylight
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 08, 2020, 12:00:30 am
Odd separation of colors
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: David Eckels on September 08, 2020, 08:26:05 am
Nice composition. I see this fairly often during storms as the sun rises above the distant mountains.
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 08, 2020, 08:29:50 am
Fascinating.

I think the Almighty must have stitched two pieces of sky together using an obsolete version of Photoshop.   ;)
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: francois on September 08, 2020, 08:36:11 am
Fascinating.

I think the Almighty must have stitched two pieces of sky together using an obsolete version of Photoshop.   ;)

Yes, that's the only possible explanation for this very nice image.
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: RSL on September 08, 2020, 11:08:13 am
It looks like the classic illustration of a cold front moving in we were exposed to in primary flying meteorology lectures.
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 08, 2020, 02:14:11 pm
I wish it was a cold front as we've been experiencing 100+ degree days with humidity in the 90% area...and the Almighty doesn't need photoshop
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 08, 2020, 02:42:53 pm
I wish it was a cold front as we've been experiencing 100+ degree days with humidity in the 90% area...and the Almighty doesn't need photoshop
OK, so she does everything in LightRoom.   :D
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: RSL on September 08, 2020, 02:58:34 pm
You should move to Colorado, Chris. Denver's temps were around 100 yesterday. Today 36 and snow.
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 08, 2020, 06:21:04 pm
And though the heat is killer, I still would rather be hot than cold
Title: Re: Skylight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 09, 2020, 12:16:16 pm
Death Valley hit 130 F a few days ago. But no snow.