Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: BobShaw on August 31, 2020, 08:46:24 pm
-
I am just about to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina and have 4 Adobe Uninstall apps left.
COCM, COPS, CORE, CORG
Does anyone know where these came from and what they uninstall please?
I tried running one and it opened Creative Cloud and gave "STI_ColorCommonSet_RGB_HD Preferences" Cancel - Remove - Keep.
I assume they are rubbish from a past install, but should I run them first before deleting them?
Thanks
bob
-
Not your question, but do you HAVE to go to Catalina? I had to with my new 2020 iMac but wish I could have Mojave back and it's not just for the 32 bit apps. Catalina seems unnecessarily complex around security issues, safer perhaps but is it really necessary for the average photography oriented computer user. I don't want to get into some deep discussion just wondered why, with complete respect to all, anyone would go to Catalina if it's not absolutely necessary.
-
Not your question, but do you HAVE to go to Catalina?
Not yet, but my 2013 iMac will eventually need to be replaced and any new machine will probably be Catalina or later only.
In answer to my own question, I ran the Uninstall apps and then deleted them. I think they are associated with Adobe Stock Images.
The only 32 bit apps left on my machine now are my MYOB accounting programme, which will run under VMWare and Spyder 4 which will eventually die.
(I have Mojave running under Mojave in VMWare.)