Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on August 25, 2020, 07:12:53 pm
-
I think I'd like to get my carpet replaced...
This was one of the most beautiful places I've been for quite some time. It felt good to breath fresh air, watch a bighorn sheep walk down a vertical rock face like it was a sidewalk, have marmots assaulting us from every angle, and watch the grizzly bears play in the ponds with their mother keeping them on track. The alpine meadows were buzzing and alive, with thousands of bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies fluttering from one bright beacon to the other. We were sort of lucky to win this campsite lottery. They only have three spots per site, and people were lining up for the in-person back country permits every day around 5AM or just camping out in front of the "no camping" signs at the office.
I've also attached a proclamation that will go live on Friday. I've been authorized to notify my friends here of the movement. If you have a photography account or platform that you utilize, please feel free to join a large host of landscape photographers that will be posting this to their public profiles in support of preservation of our natural world. It will be going out to millions of people on Friday 8/28/2020. If asked it's regarding the assault on our ability to access & utilize public lands, our continued disrespect of this natural resource, with the primary goal being preservation, access, and enjoyment of our natural resources that are now under assault more than ever.
-Maddog Murph
-
Beautiful stuff, Murph.
-
Wonderful.
-
Simply outstanding… Composition, light, colors and elements are spot-on. I love it.
-
+1. It goes up on my blog Friday. Thanks!
-
Simply outstanding… Composition, light, colors and elements are spot-on. I love it.
+1.
-
Simply outstanding… Composition, light, colors and elements are spot-on. I love it.
+2 ;) ;)
Thierry
-
Really enjoyed both the components of the post. Interesting to see that Indian paintbrush is not just orange. I am guessing Glacier NP the location from your description. I heartily second the second statement. Many in Lula do that and many surprisingly may not. Are you still thinking of Patagonia by boat next year?
-
Really enjoyed both the components of the post. Interesting to see that Indian paintbrush is not just orange. I am guessing Glacier NP the location from your description. I heartily second the second statement. Many in Lula do that and many surprisingly may not. Are you still thinking of Patagonia by boat next year?
If possible, I will go. I'm not sure us American's are going to be welcomed by the world any time soon at this point. But I'm hopeful things will change and we can once again go travel. Perhaps with proper testing prior to the trip it would be sort of perfect in a way. Once you've identified everyone in the group is safe, it's an isolated journey with no exposure to the outside world.
-
+1.
We got lots of interesting comments. Some people proclaiming how political it is... even though there was no political influence or intent. Others asking about our jeeps... overall, it was just support I think.
The reality is, without a clear goal, these types of messages are just talk. But talking is always a starting point.