Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on August 17, 2020, 11:23:04 am

Title: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 17, 2020, 11:23:04 am
Rauðibotn. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/08/17/raudibotn-take-2/)

Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: David Eckels on August 17, 2020, 03:59:02 pm
Wow!
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: RSL on August 17, 2020, 07:36:43 pm
+1
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: RMW on August 18, 2020, 06:46:00 am
Poetry !!!
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Bob_B on August 18, 2020, 06:49:13 am
Poetry !!!

+1
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 18, 2020, 02:07:22 pm
Gorgeous!

How I wish I had a drone with me in 1974!
(What year were the first non-military drones available, anyway?)
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 20, 2020, 05:40:17 am
Thank you, gentlemen. The Icelandic Highlands are pure visual poetry.

Gorgeous!

How I wish I had a drone with me in 1974!
(What year were the first non-military drones available, anyway?)

Eric,

I don't know the answer to your question. The most popular commercial drones are today made by DJI. Although they started out earlier, the first consumer drone Phantom 1 was released in 2013. Later editions significantly improved the imaging pipeline. It is astonishing that what would only a decade ago take a crew and cost hundred of thousands of dollars can now be done by a single operator with equipment costing less than $2000.




Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: bobfriedman on August 20, 2020, 06:42:30 am
truly impressive crater!.. 
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 21, 2020, 03:44:38 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 21, 2020, 02:19:33 pm
Rajan, that first shot is yet another WOW image from you - beautiful!!!

Dave
Title: Re: Rauðibotn - A Beauty in Red
Post by: maddogmurph on August 22, 2020, 04:10:04 am
That second one is awesome. I've been wishing I could get to Iceland in September. Doesn't look possible this year.