Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: BobShaw on August 17, 2020, 02:50:19 am

Title: Art Reproduction
Post by: BobShaw on August 17, 2020, 02:50:19 am
I just made a short video on Art Reproduction, mainly for artists. Comments welcome
https://youtu.be/O1ZgFCgfyas
Title: Re: Art Reproduction
Post by: OlekVerze on August 19, 2020, 05:02:50 am
very strange light arrangement when shooting
Title: Re: Art Reproduction
Post by: ErikKaffehr on August 19, 2020, 07:46:16 am
I just made a short video on Art Reproduction, mainly for artists. Comments welcome
https://youtu.be/O1ZgFCgfyas

Thanks for sharing!

I was quite impressed by the accuracy of color calibration in Phocus, repeated self with DPReview test image and got similar results.

Best regards
Erik
Title: Re: Art Reproduction
Post by: [email protected] on August 19, 2020, 10:49:51 am
very strange light arrangement when shooting

+1
Title: Re: Art Reproduction
Post by: BobShaw on August 19, 2020, 06:18:57 pm
very strange light arrangement when shooting

i have been trying a clam shell arrangement. The lights point at each other and not the art. It just sort of lights in front of it.
I put reflectors above and below too.
One issue issue is getting the colour the same from each light. I have been testing them and they can vary several hundred K.
It seems to work OK.
I do a Scene Calibration in Phocus to even it out.
I was going to explain that in the video but it was too long and really didn't add anything for an artist.
Title: Re: Art Reproduction
Post by: TechTalk on August 19, 2020, 09:21:49 pm
very strange light arrangement when shooting
+1

At minute mark 2:50, Bob says "There would normally be a different lighting arrangement, but you wouldn't be able to see what was going on".