Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on August 14, 2020, 05:16:54 am

Title: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 14, 2020, 05:16:54 am
In the latest update. In Photoshop CC it is under the File->Automate menu.

Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: Daverich on August 15, 2020, 09:59:42 am
Thanks for the heads up. I have the latest version but didn't read the release notes and never would have thought to look there in Photoshop.
Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on August 15, 2020, 10:40:30 am
Thanks for the heads up. I have the latest version but didn't read the release notes and never would have thought to look there in Photoshop.

Regular filters do not allow to change the size of the image. It requires an Automation function to achieve that.
Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: bwana on August 15, 2020, 09:17:49 pm
I imagine it still needs an RGB image to work (the AI models are trained on color images) so the processing would still occur after raw conversion.
Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: drralph on August 31, 2020, 01:03:08 am
I updated my copy, but I don't see any mention of Gigapixel AI under File>Automate
Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: drralph on August 31, 2020, 10:54:28 am
Figured it out.  I balked at letting osascript run, because I read it can contain malware.  But it is a necessary part of the installation of Gigapixel in Ps.
Title: Re: Topaz Gigapixel AI now available as a Photoshop/Lightroom plugin
Post by: Garnick on September 06, 2020, 10:56:59 am
Figured it out.  I balked at letting osascript run, because I read it can contain malware.  But it is a necessary part of the installation of Gigapixel in Ps.

If you are concerned about Malware as we all should be, you should perhaps take a peek at this site - https://www.malwarebytes.com/ . An excellent app, providing a block for various security issues.  An antivirus app + + + !  Two flavours - Mac and Windows, as well as variable pricing for different bundles.  Can't hurt to take a view.  I'm on Mac and I wouldn't want to be without Malwarebytes.