Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on August 11, 2020, 08:44:43 am

Title: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: RSL on August 11, 2020, 08:44:43 am
.
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 11, 2020, 11:32:12 am
I see you have a Cherokee Rose on that forefront clump...I'd love to get some of those to grow at water's edge behind my house...perhaps someday when I'm further up on the lake, I'll "transplant" a clipping or two. :-)
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: francois on August 12, 2020, 06:11:40 am
Rich greens again and just with the "right" light. I like it a lot (but know nothing about Cherokee roses).
Well seen.
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 12, 2020, 06:35:54 am
Is that Colocasia in the foreground, Russ?
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: RSL on August 12, 2020, 09:59:02 am
Rajan, I'm embarrassed to say I'm not enough of a horticulturist to know the answer to that question. We have a lady in the area who's an expert. I'll try to get an answer from her, but don't hold your breath waiting for it.
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: Alan Klein on August 12, 2020, 05:19:33 pm
Nice shot Russ.  A little busy for me though.  Can you get back there when there's heavy ground fog to push the background back and leave the bush more prominent?
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 13, 2020, 04:43:22 am
I like these little "corners" you find.
Title: Re: Nature's Beauty at Dawn
Post by: RSL on August 13, 2020, 08:19:04 am
Thanks, Paulo. It's what's available at the moment. I'd rather be doing street, but I love these things too.