Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 08, 2020, 11:48:58 pm
-
A splendid sunset was enjoyed by all
-
Lovely. I never grow tired of sunsets on the water.
-
The only respite I get from another day of Covid isolation is going down to my dock and watching the sunset...too late in the summer for birds and too hot simply to enjoy the daylight hours shooting somewhere else...night time just brings out an array of nasty mosquitoes, gnats and noseeums, all of which drive you nuts. Normally in the summer months, I'd travel to Canada or up to Yo Sem Ite, perhaps even Yellowstone but I am too high risk to venture out among the English..thus, nice sunsets. Cheers
-
Lovely, Chris. I understand how you feel.
-
The only respite I get from another day of Covid isolation is going down to my dock and watching the sunset...too late in the summer for birds and too hot simply to enjoy the daylight hours shooting somewhere else...night time just brings out an array of nasty mosquitoes, gnats and noseeums, all of which drive you nuts. Normally in the summer months, I'd travel to Canada or up to Yo Sem Ite, perhaps even Yellowstone but I am too high risk to venture out among the English..thus, nice sunsets. Cheers
I understand exactly, Chris. That's why I get out on my little river when the sun first breaks over the horizon. Later, it's just too damned hot and humid, though it's humid enough at the crack of dawn that I'm drenched by the time I get back from my walk.
-
Nice image. Nothing like a crisis for us to place value where it is worth it - simple things we take for granted.
-
. . .place value where it is worth it - simple things we take for granted.
+100, Paulo.
-
I make do. I have places I can go away from other human beings to shoot and do as often as I can. Milky Way shots coming up next new moon and give my new Move Shoot Move star tracker a go. I bought an array of cheap trick tools to play with, the star tracker one and something called the Arsenal that's pretty spiffy for doing focus stacking. Also got me a 14-24 to go with the D850 and sold my 200-500 and got a 28-300 instead as I just need a good all around lens...besides the big lens was getting too heavy for this old toot...I have most of my groceries delivered and buy a lot of groceries from Amazon because it is so cheap and free shipping and I toodle around in my garden...got over a bushel of tomatoes, bell peppers and strawberries this year so far. Next year I will have more blackberries than any 15 people can eat...and blueberries. Planting all kinds of winter veggies this fall and in the spring, my late spring, summer fruits, melons and veggies...always something to do.
At some point this country is going to wake up and realize there's only one cure for the virus and perhaps at that point we can get back to normal...frankly, if I could emigrate to New Zealand or Canada, I think I would. Anyway, making do from NW Florida...y'all have a good one, ya hear!