Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on August 08, 2020, 07:06:17 am

Title: Homeless
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 08, 2020, 07:06:17 am
While waiting outside of a public office, I liked the stairs and the way light was interacting and decided to take a few shots with my phone (only thing I had at the time). Then a man appeared on top of the stairs and he turned to be a homeless man. He asked me for cigarretes, which I did not have, and then when he saw that all people around had face mask on, he started to ask for a mask, and this time I had one spare to give him.

CxC welcome!

(https://pro2-bar-s3-cdn-cf6.myportfolio.com/e3e9ca86-5054-40e2-977b-31d60725e26a/a9e882e2-f335-4d4d-9439-94782949e1ec_rw_1200.jpg?h=ad347ad50c51daf96e83a3db5233e83c)

Thanks for watching.

Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 08, 2020, 10:36:50 am
Great shot, and the figure is placed perfectly.

I've been carrying a spare mask with me recently, mainly because the string broke on a brand new one I had just gotten from a hospital. Maybe I'll start carrying three: One for personal use, one for backup, and one to give away if asked.
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: John R on August 08, 2020, 11:04:10 am
Great shot, and the figure is placed perfectly.

I've been carrying a spare mask with me recently, mainly because the string broke on a brand new one I had just gotten from a hospital. Maybe I'll start carrying three: One for personal use, one for backup, and one to give away if asked.
I agree, great shot. The lone figure definitely gives the image an added dimension.

JR
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: RSL on August 08, 2020, 11:37:12 am
I agree. It's a fine street shot.
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 08, 2020, 09:06:51 pm
Thanks for your comments Eric, John and Russ, much appreciated!
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: MattBurt on August 10, 2020, 12:36:52 pm
Really cool shot and nice work with the mask gift.
Being homeless has never looked easy but now it's especially hard and dangerous for these people.
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 12, 2020, 04:34:08 pm
Being homeless has never looked easy but now it's especially hard and dangerous for these people.

Thanks for your comment Matt, and you are right, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the man that has nowhere to go.
Title: Re: Homeless
Post by: Alan Klein on August 12, 2020, 05:12:26 pm
Nice shot.  Great angles and lighting.