Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on August 07, 2020, 01:21:51 pm
-
?
Jeremy
-
I like the concept very much and I like the out of focus line of trees in the background. What f/stop did you shoot at? I think I might prefer a somewhat wider DOF to bring the thistles (?) in. The tones are nicely mysterious, too.
-
Thanks, David. I took it wide open at f4. If I go back (it's only half a mile from the house), I'll try to get a few shots stopped down a bit.
I liked the tones as well; they're pretty much OOC.
Jeremy
-
I like the tonalities.
I would also like to see some taken stopped down a bit, especially if you can get essentially identical light conditions.
-Eric
-
I've been back a few times to try focus stacking but I've not managed to re-create the light or the tonality, sadly, so I've resorted to a bit of burning. I think it's an improvement.
Jeremy
-
I agree. Necessity is the mother of invention. Not sure I would have thought of your solution, but then what's the point of this part of the forum. I'm glad you didn't give up on it. Well done!
-
That is an improvement.
I can't imagine focus-stacking that kind of subject, unless you have an absolutely windless day.
-Eric