Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 05, 2020, 05:42:23 pm

Title: Sunset 245
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 05, 2020, 05:42:23 pm
I so rarely go out because of this crazy ass Covid crap...so I spend a lot of time shooting odd stuff in my backyard or off my dock.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 05, 2020, 07:49:09 pm
Very good, Chris.
Much better than anything you could get from my backyard.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: degrub on August 05, 2020, 09:54:50 pm
Any idea what kind of tree that is ?
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 05, 2020, 09:58:26 pm
It's one of two magnolias that survived hurricane Michael...though both have suffered much damage. Even in the most adverse conditions, life always finds a way.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: degrub on August 05, 2020, 10:24:08 pm
When i first saw it i thought it was a Shiso leaf that is used in some Asian cooking.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 06, 2020, 12:07:24 am
I have to make a correction...this is not a magnolia leaf, it is a vine that grows here in NW Florida that is highly invasive and nigh onto impossible to get rid of. I was commenting on another photo that was from a Magnolia tree, however quite barren on leaves on that section...
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 06, 2020, 03:34:14 am
Well seen.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Rayyan on August 06, 2020, 06:06:14 am

Nice one Chris.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 07, 2020, 04:58:26 am
Good shooting.
Title: Re: Sunset 245
Post by: francois on August 07, 2020, 08:30:37 am
Both are very nice… I like them!