Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 05, 2020, 11:15:04 am

Title: A Dirty Trick
Post by: RSL on August 05, 2020, 11:15:04 am
My apologies to Rabanito, because I think his great blue takeoff is very good. But I've been shooting great blues for decades. This guy is from about 11 years ago, and I think it's the best great blue takeoff I've achieved, though there are others that are not far behind. Keep shooting this stuff, Rab. It's fascinating.
Title: Re: A Dirty Trick
Post by: PeterAit on August 05, 2020, 11:28:01 am
My apologies to Rabanito, because I think his great blue takeoff is very good. But I've been shooting great blues for decades. This guy is from about 11 years ago, and I think it's the best great blue takeoff I've achieved, though there are others that are not far behind. Keep shooting this stuff, Rab. It's fascinating.

Great stuff! The feet dragging and the ripples set it apart from many more ordinary blue heron photos.
Title: Re: A Dirty Trick
Post by: rabanito on August 05, 2020, 04:00:12 pm
My apologies to Rabanito, because I think his great blue takeoff is very good. But I've been shooting great blues for decades. This guy is from about 11 years ago, and I think it's the best great blue takeoff I've achieved, though there are others that are not far behind. Keep shooting this stuff, Rab. It's fascinating.

No need to apologize Russ  ;)
I never compare my work with that of others.
Glad that you liked my heron. I liked yours too very much.
I'm still struggling with focusing, panning and exposure...imagine  :) :)
Title: Re: A Dirty Trick
Post by: RSL on August 05, 2020, 07:33:28 pm
I understand, Rab. It isn't easy to grab these guys, but a successful grab is very satisfying. Keep shooting.
Title: Re: A Dirty Trick
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 05, 2020, 07:47:54 pm
Fantastic GB takeoff, Russ, I've never seen better.