Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rgs on August 03, 2020, 09:07:05 am

Title: Remains of the Day
Post by: rgs on August 03, 2020, 09:07:05 am
Sunset near my home in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma frequently does spectacular sunsets and the one this evening was no exception. I'm having a hard time deciding between these two.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 03, 2020, 11:54:02 am
I have a slight preference for the first, because of the additional light peeking through below those ominous clouds.
Both are excellent.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: thierrylegros396 on August 03, 2020, 12:52:27 pm
I have a slight preference for the first, because of the additional light peeking through below those ominous clouds.
Both are excellent.

+1 for the first.

Thierry
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: kers on August 03, 2020, 01:05:46 pm
I like both, but i think i can see your work in the dark branches; clouds are locally too light.. but maybe it is me...
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 03, 2020, 01:43:06 pm
Camera is either too high or too low.  Tops of trees interfere with cloud horizon.
Logo egregiously distracting.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: nirpat89 on August 03, 2020, 07:39:07 pm
Both are very nice....

I like the 2nd one better though, due to a more pleasing (to me) aspect ratio and the darker framing of the clouds at the top that draws the eye down to the most intense part of the sunset.

:Niranjan.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: rgs on August 03, 2020, 10:31:28 pm
That top bank of clouds is exactly what draws me to that shot. It seems more balanced.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2020, 04:13:11 am
The light is good. I can also see the processing halos along the trees.
Title: Re: Remains of the Day
Post by: francois on August 04, 2020, 07:26:13 am
My vote goes to #1.
Well done, the light is gorgeous.