Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rabanito on August 02, 2020, 12:44:30 pm

Title: First Flight
Post by: rabanito on August 02, 2020, 12:44:30 pm
The seagull chick looked like just a small grey ball just before expanding it's wings


Title: Re: First Flight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2020, 01:32:01 pm
Good catch!

I hope it made it safely across to that other big branch.
Title: Re: First Flight
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2020, 03:21:11 pm
+1
Title: Re: First Flight
Post by: rabanito on August 03, 2020, 03:16:27 am
Thank you friends!
Actually it landed on the river below and continued swimming around.
Anyway its mother was watching from some distance.  :)
Title: Re: First Flight
Post by: francois on August 03, 2020, 03:41:47 am
Young birds are amazing and very resilient to first-flight mistakes.
I quite like the silvery look of the feathers.
Good catch.
Title: Re: First Flight
Post by: rabanito on August 03, 2020, 10:36:48 am
Young birds are amazing and very resilient to first-flight mistakes.
I quite like the silvery look of the feathers.
Good catch.
Thanks francois
I've seen a video where some ducklings jump from a building, move their small featherless arms like wings and land unharmed, as far as I could judge (!!!)  :)