Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 01, 2020, 12:01:02 pm

Title: The attack begins...
Post by: Bob_B on August 01, 2020, 12:01:02 pm
Another carnivorous plant from my bog garden. This time a miniature hybrid pitcher plant from the genus Sarracenia, native to North America. They trap their insect prey by luring them into their throat filled with a sweet liquid. Once there, slick plant walls and stiff hairs that point downwards into the throat thwart the insect's attempts to escape. Yumm.

As always, thank you for stopping by. Please leave your comments and thoughts below. Best, Bob
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 01, 2020, 05:33:04 pm
There's one nice bog I'm familiar with in Hawley, Massachusetts, which has a different variety of Pitcher plant (same method of hunting) As well as Venus Fly Traps, but I've never tried to photograph them. It must be quite difficult, but you do them justice.
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: Bob_B on August 02, 2020, 06:59:01 am
You can expect to get pretty wet and muddy photographing bog plants, but it can be rewarding. Thanks.
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: francois on August 02, 2020, 08:03:14 am
Dance of the cobras… I like it very much.
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: Bob_B on August 02, 2020, 08:34:35 am
Thanks francois. "Dance of the cobras" is a wonderful title for this. I'll use it on my web blog, if you don't mind.
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: francois on August 02, 2020, 10:37:34 am
Thanks francois. "Dance of the cobras" is a wonderful title for this. I'll use it on my web blog, if you don't mind.

Go ahead, Bob!
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2020, 01:33:49 pm
Thanks francois. "Dance of the cobras" is a wonderful title for this.

Excellent title!
Title: Re: The attack begins...
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 04, 2020, 04:06:32 am
Dance of the cobras… I like it very much.

+1 on the title!