Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: bobfriedman on July 26, 2020, 07:36:40 pm

Title: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: bobfriedman on July 26, 2020, 07:36:40 pm
Nikon D800 ,Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S ,RG850
1/160s f/8 iso500 at 17mm
(https://pbase.com/bobfriedman/image/170906140/original.jpg)

Nikon D800 ,Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S ,BG3
1/160s f/9 iso100 at 17mm
(https://pbase.com/bobfriedman/image/170906139/original.jpg)
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: francois on July 27, 2020, 04:44:00 am
Fantastic shots… It's a different world, I'm loosing my references (speaking of colors and shadows/highlights).
I like them very much.
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: degrub on July 27, 2020, 10:23:40 am
i like the tones in the 2nd image, but the distortion effect is a bit wearying and over the top  ;) ;D
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: bobfriedman on July 27, 2020, 01:53:02 pm
i like the tones in the 2nd image, but the distortion effect is a bit wearying and over the top  ;) ;D

so an equirectangular projection from spherical does have its drawbacks..   however, these 30 images at 36Mpx can be segmented down into smaller images that are free of the distortion. infrared images in general are not for everyone but do have their charm once you get used to them :)
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 27, 2020, 02:49:38 pm
I like these, both.
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: RSL on July 27, 2020, 03:07:54 pm
So do I. The second one would make a delightful wall hanging.
Title: Re: Some IR Panos from today
Post by: bobfriedman on July 27, 2020, 03:35:18 pm
So do I. The second one would make a delightful wall hanging.

so these are quite large and my Canon Pro 1000 is challenged as I can only print 17" x 40" (and I have to cut my paper and de-roll it...) but I would really love to get a 24" format roll printer for these.

but they do look good when printed large format