Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on July 26, 2020, 10:46:15 am

Title: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: John Hollenberg on July 26, 2020, 10:46:15 am
I can't find it on the Hahnemuhle site but B&H still has it in stock.  Has it been discontinued?  Temporary shortage?
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: JRSmit on July 26, 2020, 11:03:40 am
I can't find it on the Hahnemuhle site but B&H still has it in stock.  Has it been discontinued?  Temporary shortage?
https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/fineart-media/glossy-fineart/p/Product/show/5/21.html
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: John Hollenberg on July 26, 2020, 11:11:54 am
My bad.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 26, 2020, 05:23:11 pm
Do you like it? I bought some, to compare with Canson Photographique 2, and I found the surface to resemble a teenager's skin, unpleasantly pockmarked. Just me, perhaps.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: John Hollenberg on July 26, 2020, 06:55:49 pm
Do you like it? I bought some, to compare with Canson Photographique 2, and I found the surface to resemble a teenager's skin, unpleasantly pockmarked. Just me, perhaps.

Yes, I like it.  No OBA (can't say that for Canson Photographique 2, Canson rates OBA "very low").  The irregularities on the surface give the paper character.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: JeffSD on July 26, 2020, 07:47:47 pm
Jeremy, I moved to Photo Rag Baryta a few years ago from Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk. FWIW, I found the texture of the Ilford a little too smooth for my taste and prefer the more irregular tooth of the Hahnemühle paper. Different strokes...  :)

Glad to hear it hasn't gone away.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: JRSmit on July 27, 2020, 02:31:47 pm
One of my personal favorites. Canson Baryta the old version was ok (sold under several labels) , the new version is not so ok.
The HPRB315 can invoke beautiful depth if image has it, and its texture is nice.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: kers on July 27, 2020, 05:24:49 pm
One of my personal favorites. Canson Baryta the old version was ok (sold under several labels) , the new version is not so ok.
The HPRB315 can invoke beautiful depth if image has it, and its texture is nice.
+1 - one of my favourites as well... Canson Platine i like too.
Both papers work well on a HPZ3100( or 3200) with the Gloss Enhancer.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: mcrepsej on July 29, 2020, 02:55:47 pm
Pieter Kers

If you are in Europe, try MedieJET Museum Natural Silk.
It's similar to Canson Platine Fiber Rag, but probably at a better price.

Kind regards

McRepsej
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: dkoretz on July 29, 2020, 03:19:13 pm
https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/fineart-media/glossy-fineart/p/Product/show/5/298.html (https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/fineart-media/glossy-fineart/p/Product/show/5/298.html)
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta Discontinued?
Post by: kers on July 29, 2020, 04:55:55 pm
Pieter Kers

If you are in Europe, try MedieJET Museum Natural Silk.
It's similar to Canson Platine Fiber Rag, but probably at a better price.

Kind regards

McRepsej

Thanks, i will have a look.