Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: felix5616 on July 25, 2020, 08:11:28 am

Title: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: felix5616 on July 25, 2020, 08:11:28 am
If i have a subscription for photoshop and lightroom can i run them both on seperate  MAC and Intel machines
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: Rand47 on July 25, 2020, 09:23:53 am
Yes... you can have two simultaneous installations and Adobe doesn’t care what platform.

Rand
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: JRSmit on July 25, 2020, 09:29:08 am
Can install on more than 2 , but only active on 2. Via account easy switch .
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: mcbroomf on July 25, 2020, 02:02:52 pm
Yes, I have them installed on 4 machines (all PC but could be a mix).  If I open it on a machine that is not active (ie I've been using it on 2 others) it identifies the 2 active machines and asks which I want to deactivate.  Takes a couple of seconds ...
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: Doug Gray on July 25, 2020, 02:17:56 pm
Yes, I have them installed on 4 machines (all PC but could be a mix).  If I open it on a machine that is not active (ie I've been using it on 2 others) it identifies the 2 active machines and asks which I want to deactivate.  Takes a couple of seconds ...

Just upgraded my C drive for more storage. When Photoshop opens it asks to deactivate the one on the older C drive. So I had it put that one back in and log out then replace it with the larger one and log in.

Something to keep in mind with upgrading C drives. Similar thing on other apps too so deactivate before switching.
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: mcbroomf on July 25, 2020, 08:26:39 pm
Just upgraded my C drive for more storage. When Photoshop opens it asks to deactivate the one on the older C drive. So I had it put that one back in and log out then replace it with the larger one and log in.

Something to keep in mind with upgrading C drives. Similar thing on other apps too so deactivate before switching.

Good to know.  I may have to bump up my desktop at some time in it's life.
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: fdisilvestro on July 25, 2020, 09:09:29 pm
You can deactivate an old computer directly from the Adobe web site. There is no need to reactivate your old disc or computer.

Imagine what would happen if your computer is stolen or your disk fails.

When you enter your creative cloud account on the web, go to Account -> My Plans ->  Manage Plan

There scroll down until you get the section "Activated devices"

There you can individually deactivate a computer.

This information is available also here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html#sign-out-account-page (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html#sign-out-account-page)
Title: Re: Photoshop and LR subscription
Post by: Doug Gray on July 26, 2020, 01:02:19 am
You can deactivate an old computer directly from the Adobe web site. There is no need to reactivate your old disc or computer.

Nice to know. Mathsoft has that too but didn't know Adobe did. Since I hadn't re-assembled my computer it only took a minute to unplug the new C drive and put the older one in (hanging out the back) and so I hadn't checked the website. Some of the programs I have don't have this and you have to contact a CSR. And others are attached to some device hash on the motherboard and have no problem with drive changes.