Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KLaban on July 23, 2020, 01:49:26 pm
-
Washed-up
(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Washed-up.jpg)
-
Wow! Interesting phenomenon and nice shot.
-
+1
-
Love the two dominant tones of brown and white. I hope people can see that there is circular movement of crabs that are more brown than crabs that are white. For me this really helps move the eye throughout the image, and to see individual crabs as more than a chaotic cluster. "Washed up", does not do justice to the wonderful natural phenomena and life cycle that you have so wonderfully captured. Superb.
JR
-
This would make a terrific 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
-
Washed-up
Well-done. Escheresque.
-
perfect positioned and like the colours...
-
Excellent!
I had a somehow similar experience with some washed up dead fish but this is much better than what I got.
-
Thank for all the comments, they are much appreciated.
This image is a part of the ‘Dark Times’ series and as such it is a ‘studio’ shot. The title ‘Washed-up’ is a play on words, suggesting that the subjects have been deposited by the tide on the shoreline and also that they are no longer of any use.
Sometimes the titles for the images in this series come first to be followed by the subject selection and at other times the process is reversed.
-
Thank for all the comments, they are much appreciated.
This image is a part of the ‘Dark Times’ series and as such it is a ‘studio’ shot. The title ‘Washed-up’ is a play on words, suggesting that the subjects have been deposited by the tide on the shoreline and also that they are no longer of any use.
Sometimes the titles for the images in this series come first to be followed by the subject selection and at other times the process is reversed.
Splendid image!
What do you mean as a 'studio' shot? Where the crabs carefully placed?
Thanks
-
Splendid image!
What do you mean as a 'studio' shot? Where the crabs carefully placed?
Thanks
Thanks.
I was making the distinction between (1) a naturally occurring phenomenon, (2) an altered naturally occurring phenomenon and (3) an entirely manufactured and conceived, single shot, in camera, studio, image. This image was the latter, as is the rest of the series.
-
Thanks for the response!
-
Thanks.
I was making the distinction between (1) a naturally occurring phenomenon, (2) an altered naturally occurring phenomenon and (3) an entirely manufactured and conceived, single shot, in camera, studio, image. This image was the latter, as is the rest of the series.
Regardless, for this series I don’t care (as in it makes no difference in my assessment) how you do it, just the end results, which are great.
I do have a slightly morbid curiosity, for all those dead critters, do you collect and transport them to your studio or you just heavily modify the scene on the spot?
-
Regardless, for this series I don’t care (as in it makes no difference in my assessment) how you do it, just the end results, which are great.
I do have a slightly morbid curiosity, for all those dead critters, do you collect and transport them to your studio or you just heavily modify the scene on the spot?
Thanks.
All the images in the series except one have been shot in my home and garden during the covd-19 pandemic.
-
Complex patterns and subtle colors. I like it very much…
-
Francois, thank you.
As an aside, I've been told they are all female.
-
Good image.
mark
-
I love it. It takes a lot of skill to arrange all these in a pleasing way.
-
Thanks, Mark.
Arlen, thanks, I set it up and then fussed with it for a day or two before shooting.
Anal, me?
;-)