Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on July 19, 2020, 11:25:44 am

Title: Distraction Diffraction
Post by: Bob_B on July 19, 2020, 11:25:44 am
A wee bit of whimsy here. Sunlight reflecting off of my smartphone (the "distraction") resulting in a very cool and interesting pattern of chromatic rays (the "diffraction"). Please feel free to offer your comments and thoughts. - Cheers, Bob
Title: Re: Distraction Diffraction
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 20, 2020, 09:54:57 am
Wow! Neat!

My fave is the first. These would also go well in the Abstracts thread.
Title: Re: Distraction Diffraction
Post by: Bob_B on July 20, 2020, 10:07:12 am
Thanks Eric.
Title: Re: Distraction Diffraction
Post by: francois on July 20, 2020, 10:33:57 am
The first one is stunning, I like it a lot. A few years ago, I was visiting a cathedral and I took a shot of the projected sunlight through the stained glass. Although it didn't reach that diffraction quality (and it wasn't diffraction at all), the effect was very similar…

Bravo, Bob!
Title: Re: Distraction Diffraction
Post by: Bob_B on July 20, 2020, 10:41:20 am
The first one is stunning, I like it a lot. A few years ago, I was visiting a cathedral and I took a shot of the projected sunlight through the stained glass. Although it didn't reach that diffraction quality (and it wasn't diffraction at all), the effect was very similar…

Bravo, Bob!

Ahhhh, the cathedralesque, stained glass quality is precisely what drew my eye to it! I find it spiritually uplifting, and I guess my spirits needed a bit of uplift.  ;) Thanks francois.