Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hacimd on July 18, 2020, 02:09:34 pm
-
Hello Out there!
I know the Epson, HP and Cannon large format printers inside and out. Funny enough, I am completely out of touch with home document printers. Curious if anyone has a suggestion? I'm looking for something very basic- that can print documents, ideally wirelessly.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-
I use a Brother BW laserprinter for that purpose; reliable and very cheap.
I choose one that can print on both sides of the papers.
-
I second Brother. However, I’d suggest color HL-L8360CDW
-
I used Epson inkjet multifunction printers for years and finally got disgusted with clogs and the price of ink, The black and white Brother laser printers are quick, inexpensive and use only one cartridge, which seems to last a long time. The color ones are also quick but use multiple cartridges. If you really need to print color documents often, the color laser ones are good. Were I to need to print a color document, a rare event for me, I'd just use my 3880. My sources for recommendations for such items are Wirecutter, run by the New York Times, and Consumer Reports to which I've subscribed for over thirty years. When they agree, a rare event, it's easy.
-
Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Laser Printer (what I have) or similar, cost all of $95 on Amazon.
-
Hello Out there!
I know the Epson, HP and Cannon large format printers inside and out. Funny enough, I am completely out of touch with home document printers. Curious if anyone has a suggestion? I'm looking for something very basic- that can print documents, ideally wirelessly.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
HP P2055dn BW laserprinter bought secondhand for 45 Euro. Although not printing much I detest inexpensive consumer models with expensive cartridges and short lifetimes. I have more confidence in secondhand pro/prosumer models. First checked whether third party toner was available for it. Use it for 5 years now without issues.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla
T
SOLI AIR
D
-
$100 HP laser printer. P1102W. Official HP carts cost $100 each, as much as the printer! Third party carts are two for $25 from Amazon. I have two of these printers and they've worked flawlessly for about ten years.
(except for that one time where I put card stock through one of them and it jammed. A street-side vendor in Bangalore on Youtube showed me how to disassemble the printer and clear the jam)
-
The HP Laserjets I have owned have been incredibly reliable. I am using an HP Laserjet 1320 that is probably 15 years old that works flawlessly. Who knows how many thousands of pages I put through it. I use third party cartridges so printing cost is almost nothing. I have no idea if the newer products offer the same quality.
-
I had an HP laserjet for many years (probably 20 or more) and used third party toner. Toward the end it started jamming from time to time. I often print stuff that I need only temporarily, and my wife's Brother printer has always been happy to have my one-side clean paper, which works flawlessly in her printer. A couple of years ago I gave up on my HP (too many jams) and got a cheap Brother. It has worked flawlessly on both fresh and used paper.
-
I suggest you think about the size of individual print jobs and how quickly you might need the output. FWIW, I have been very happy with a large HP with dual trays, which I use a lot (or used to use a lot, anyway) at work, and a couple of cheap Brothers at home. The HP copes much better with large jobs, but for up to 20 pages or so, the Brothers are fine and in general print double-sided without any trouble.
Jeremy
-
I had an HP laserjet for many years (probably 20 or more) and used third party toner. Toward the end it started jamming from time to time. I often print stuff that I need only temporarily, and my wife's Brother printer has always been happy to have my one-side clean paper, which works flawlessly in her printer. A couple of years ago I gave up on my HP (too many jams) and got a cheap Brother. It has worked flawlessly on both fresh and used paper.
I had similar experience with off brand LJ cartridges for my office printer. Not worth the headaches. LJ works just great with HP toner. No idea about the Brother printer.
-
The Epson Workforce 7610 has been our office printer for several years. It's a multifunction inkjet with all the expected features including 2-sided printing/scanning. The reason we got it is that it prints, scans, and copies up to 11 x 17 " paper, which we find useful sometimes. But if you don't need that, get something else.