Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: KeithR on July 16, 2020, 05:06:51 pm
-
Recently, while in the Develop module, when I click soft proofing ("S"), the image turns to a B&W. Is there some setting that I overlooked? If I open the image in develop it's color and click "Y" to get the side by side, both images are color but when I hit "S" for soft proof the SP image goes to B&W. What gives? I'm on windows 10 - 64
-
And you don't have a profile loaded that might provide a grayscale rendering?
If not, try the following one at a time to see if it clears up:
1. Turn OFF GPU acceleration in preferences.
2. Recalibrate the display. The profile might be corrupted. Do not create LUT profiles and do not make V4 profiles.
-
There may well be some error or corruption that is causing what you see. However, soft-proofing is based on a specific ICC profile. IIRC, in Lightroom the soft-proofing in the Develop module and the Print module can be set to different profiles (and rendering intents). What profile do you have set in LR's Develop module? This can be the key because there are ICC profiles designed for turning color images into B&W. I learned a little about this when I was trying to understand the B&W profile-building settings in the X-Rite i1Studio software for the i1Studio and ColorMunki Photo spectrophotometers, as discussed in another thread (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=134277.0 (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=134277.0)). So if you have selected for soft-proofing an ICC profile built for turning color into B&W, that would explain what you saw.
-
My Bad!
I had the wrong profile selected! I forgot that the soft proof within the develop module does not necessarily correspond to what has been selected in the print module. Previously, I was looking at a Piezography Neutral curve within Develop and forgot to change it back to the one I was using to print color with. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be forgetting that again.
-
My Bad!
I had the wrong profile selected! I forgot that the soft proof within the develop module does not necessarily correspond to what has been selected in the print module.
IF you make a Proof Copy, it should.
-
I didn't make a proof copy. Only clicked "S" & "Y"* and thought something was wrong, so I exited.