Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on July 13, 2020, 06:18:56 pm

Title: West Elk sunrise
Post by: MattBurt on July 13, 2020, 06:18:56 pm
I've been on furlough for the past couple of months and taking advantage of the time off.
Last week I did a solo backpacking trip in the Elk mountains between Crested Butte and Aspen. It was really nice for me and I made some images I like too.
I carried my full frame SLR and three primes (wide, medium, and long) which was a little heavy but worth it and lighter than the zoom kit.
This sunrise scene was about a one mile, 200 vertical ft. walk from the tent which I got up for at 5:00am. Focus stacked.
Pentax K-1ii & FA 43mm/1.9

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50095784827_b4c0315b5a_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2jjMZw4)
IMGP4371-Edit-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/2jjMZw4) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: RSL on July 13, 2020, 07:36:21 pm
Beautiful, Matt.
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: Peter McLennan on July 13, 2020, 10:49:18 pm
Beautiful, Matt.

Indeed.  Well worth climbing out of a warm sleeping bag for.
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 14, 2020, 04:46:24 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: francois on July 14, 2020, 06:34:50 am
I like it a lot with this floral foreground and the warm light hitting the summits of the distant mountain peaks…
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: MattBurt on July 14, 2020, 11:03:55 am
Thanks!
I was hoping for a spectacular sunrise but this one complimented the landscape well without fighting for the spotlight so it worked out.
Title: Re: West Elk sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 14, 2020, 12:13:54 pm
A lovely shot.