Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 21, 2020, 10:11:47 am
-
Taken a few days ago and not an image of the bridge at sunset, but an image taken from the bridge at sunset ;)
There have been quite a few amazing sunsets taking place over the island during the last few days and the one last night was an utterly surreal gob smacker, but unfortunately by the time it got going at 22:15, I'd already had a few too many sherbets (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=gmnvXq3TIcLCgwekvIiIAQ&q=too+many+sherbets+meaning&oq=too+many+sherbets&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46DggAEOoCELQCEJoBEOUCUOgUWOgUYJA3aAFwAHgAgAFPiAFPkgEBMZgBAKABAqABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQY&sclient=psy-ab), so I just had to watch it from the front window with a G&T in my hand :)
But anyway here is a multi shot vertical pano from a few nights ago and even though it was a good un', it was nothing compared to last night's show stopper ::)
Dave
-
Looks pretty good to me. Plus, no rain & no clouds of midges :-)
-
Wow. You nailed it!
-
Looks pretty good to me. Plus, no rain & no clouds of midges :-)
Thanks Bill and no I am in no way disappointed with this shot, but last night really was something else, but anyway, we all probably have memories of the amazing one that got away. Also there has been quite a good wind blowing for the last few days, so no midges at all, although about two weeks ago I was out for a sunset shoot on the beach on a windless day and absent mindedly strayed a bit too near to the grassy area at the top of the beach and before I knew it I was being eaten alive - still itching on my elbows and at the back of my ears - the little buggers that they are :'(
Wow. You nailed it!
Thank you Stamper ;)
Dave
-
Spectacular image Dave!
-
+1.
-
Nice one.
-
Spectacular image Dave!
Thanks Guido, Eric and Paulo, and yes I very much enjoyed taking it ;)
Dave
-
Stunning view with the fiery sky and all the silhouettes of the rocks…
Is it the bridge near Kyle of Lochalsh?
-
Stunning view with the fiery sky and all the silhouettes of the rocks…
Is it the bridge near Kyle of Lochalsh?
Yes Francois it is, in fact if you click on this link (https://www.google.com/maps/@57.2806402,-5.7352643,3a,61.1y,311.38h,94.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAbvRdoZXjgtIUo0mgtP65Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656), you can see the exact spot where I was standing when I took it and then if you stand looking in the opposite direction a little further on at the higher part of the bridge, you can then shoot the dawn colours - if they are happening of course ;)
Dave
-
... I'd already had a few too many sherbets (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=gmnvXq3TIcLCgwekvIiIAQ&q=too+many+sherbets+meaning&oq=too+many+sherbets&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46DggAEOoCELQCEJoBEOUCUOgUWOgUYJA3aAFwAHgAgAFPiAFPkgEBMZgBAKABAqABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQY&sclient=psy-ab)...
i was about to get envious, as I love a good sorbet/sherbet (ice cream), then I clicked on the link... ;)
Nice picture, in any case.
-
Yes Francois it is, in fact if you click on this link (https://www.google.com/maps/@57.2806402,-5.7352643,3a,61.1y,311.38h,94.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAbvRdoZXjgtIUo0mgtP65Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656), you can see the exact spot where I was standing when I took it and then if you stand looking in the opposite direction a little further on at the higher part of the bridge, you can then shoot the dawn colours - if they are happening of course ;)
Dave
Dave,
Thanks for the link! (good to know that my memory isn't yet failing miserably)
-
Wow! So I've been eating the wrong kind of Sherbet for 81 years now. :'(
-
Wow! So I've been eating the wrong kind of Sherbet for 81 years now. :'(
Thanks again everyone ;)
I think "Sherbet" is really a South of England term and was therefore something I never really used, that is until I watched "Only Fools and Horses" several decades ago, where Delboy would often use this term for going out to drink alcohol. But for me up until that time, sherbet was a sweet (candy for those of you from across the pond) that came in various forms and flavours, but my favourite and the one that I used to eat far too many of, was Barratts Sherbet Fountains, which I think you were supposed to lick the hollow stick of liquorice and then dip into the sherbet (or suck it up like a straw through the liquorice tube) and then back into your mouth etc. Although what kids actually did (well perhaps just me), was to stuff all the liquorice into my mouth first, chew it around a bit until it softened up and then pour the entire contents of the fountain in at the same time, which was quite a mouthful and which took some practice to accomplish and eat successfully, because as the sherbet started to melt and get stuck all over the inside of your mouth and even start going down the back of your throat, it could suddenly make you sneeze and then most of it would come out through your nose - and believe me, you do not want fizzy sherbet coming out of your nose ;D ;D ;D
(https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-tcph8l6/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/991/1088/Sherbet__45763.1439043506.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on)
Dave
-
Golly, Dave. My childhood was so limited. ;D