Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 16, 2020, 05:51:56 am
-
Shot from our back garden a few days ago.
Don't know how representative of reality the colours are in this shot, as I just let PS suggest what it thought was the best colour balance for the image and it came out like this and I sort of liked it, so I thought, well if it is good enough for Thomas Knowle, then it's probably good enough for the likes of me ;D
Dave
-
And good enough for me too!
-
And good enough for me too!
Thanks Bob ;)
Dave
-
Flying saucers in the sky of Scotland… Beautiful shapes and colors.
More than good enough for me!
Bravo.
-
Flying saucers in the sky of Scotland… Beautiful shapes and colors.
More than good enough for me!
Bravo.
Thank you Francois ;)
I also like how you can see the darker strands of moist air being drawn down into the cloud from the upper middle left, as the cloud layers gently rotate and then it being pushed up through the different tiers of the clouds via those little peaks you can see between the main structures - quite an amazing shot really.
Dave
-
I agree, there's a lot to discover in that photo.
-
I agree with all the previous comments.
Thiss would also fit well in the Abstracts thread.
-
Surreal, and very beautiful.
Jeremy
-
Well done.
-
Love it.
-
Well seen and captured Dave!
-
Thanks everyone, I am so glad you all seem to like it so much and even though I now also think this is quite an amazing picture to look at myself, it has probably got to be one of the easiest shots I have ever taken, as I already had my 70/200 mounted on the camera from the previous day and so all I had to do was pick it up and turn it on, as I walked out of my back door to fire off a couple of handheld shots as I leant on the bin. Yet today I could probably walk five miles and then clamber up to the top of a steep hill carry all my gear and get absolutely nothing - and that is what makes landscape photography so wonderfully unpredictable and enjoyable I think :D
Dave