Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on June 15, 2020, 01:24:48 pm

Title: Roses
Post by: armand on June 15, 2020, 01:24:48 pm
Roses - in b&w

(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3912355135-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3912355136-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3912355137-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3912355141-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 15, 2020, 01:30:00 pm
Love 'em. Particularly the first and last.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: armand on June 15, 2020, 01:36:53 pm
Thank you Jeremy!

I usually place what I think are the strongest in the beginning and in the end, although often the comments prove me wrong.
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: John R on June 15, 2020, 09:30:21 pm
Love 'em. Particularly the first and last.

Jeremy
Jeremy, I have noticed you are sucker for flowers and foliage depicted in bw format. But they are very nice indeed, especially the way the range of tones have been brought out to accentuate the flowing shapes and contours.

JR
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 16, 2020, 05:05:47 am
I've a particular liking for B&W flowers, especially roses. Number four is really, really nice.
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Bob_B on June 16, 2020, 06:50:45 am
Nice set, with the 2nd being my favorite.
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 16, 2020, 01:32:17 pm
I'll vote for 4 and 2, within this fine set.
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: armand on June 16, 2020, 08:45:44 pm
Thank you guys!
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: armand on July 14, 2020, 08:25:08 pm
Found another that I missed to post

(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3931162001-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 15, 2020, 03:49:13 am
I love B&W roses
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 15, 2020, 09:33:58 am
I love B&W roses
Me too. The absence of color as a distraction makes it easy for the viewer to concentrate on the subtle changes in light and dark.
Title: Re: Roses
Post by: armand on July 15, 2020, 07:41:12 pm
Thank you again!