Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: PeterAit on June 14, 2020, 07:18:52 am

Title: USB help needed
Post by: PeterAit on June 14, 2020, 07:18:52 am
I'm going bonkers. I am using Sony Imaging Edge to tether an A7 (really nice program BTW, and free). It was working fine. I then turned off the camera to have lunch. When I can back the camera and computer would not connect. WTF?

I tried everything I could think of. Reboot, re-install, different cable, different USB port. On a second computer, all worked fine. Back to the first computer, nada. Device manager (this is Win 10) tells me the computer sees the camera. So I am at a loss. Help!
Title: Re: USB help needed
Post by: Alan Klein on June 14, 2020, 10:43:53 am
Peter  Try this:  Delete the camera in Device Manager.  Then uninstall the program and install it again.  Connect the USB after the software is loaded and with the camera power ON. 

I had a similar problem like yours with my Epson scanner that this procedure resolved. 
Title: Re: USB help needed
Post by: PeterAit on June 17, 2020, 08:31:00 am
Thanks Alan but your idea did not work. I see there's a smartphone version of the app--I am going to try that.