Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on June 14, 2020, 03:52:53 am

Title: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: maddogmurph on June 14, 2020, 03:52:53 am
Lofoten Islands Norway - a location I've personally never seen shots from, although I'm sure there are plenty. This area is stunning.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: RSL on June 14, 2020, 08:17:32 am
A really good grab, Murph.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: francois on June 14, 2020, 08:55:49 am
Magic lights coming from behind those mountains…
What a beauty!
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: Brad Smith on June 14, 2020, 08:57:42 am
Stunning capture!
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 14, 2020, 10:13:19 am
Magic lights coming from behind those mountains…
What a beauty!
+1.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 14, 2020, 10:16:10 am
Exceptional. Good colour on the foreground ice.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 14, 2020, 11:08:47 am
As good an aurora image as I've ever seen.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 14, 2020, 11:41:32 am
As good an aurora image as I've ever seen.

I think the words 'Gobsmacking' come to mind for this image - excellent  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 15, 2020, 05:38:34 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Stormolla Dreams
Post by: maddogmurph on June 19, 2020, 01:29:20 am
A really good grab, Murph.
Thanks Russ.

Gobsmacking - well that's a new one, I actually had to look that up to see what it meant! Love it... Might have to title a photo after that one of these days...

Thank you Bill, I nitpick too much, and still think the comp is unbalanced with the left... I just couldn't come out with better leading lines given the angles and where the Aurora was coming from.

Sdwilson - that's from the moon, just enough to get good light, but not too much to drown the Aurora.

Francois, you should see the time lapse... It's like $50/month for all the software to complete those time lapses, maybe I'll pay the money and process it one of these days. It's amazing.