Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: churly on June 06, 2020, 12:11:12 pm

Title: Morning Fog
Post by: churly on June 06, 2020, 12:11:12 pm
?
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 06, 2020, 12:47:38 pm
I like it. It's quite interesting, if rather more abstract, without the land on the right.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 06, 2020, 02:00:00 pm
I like it, too.
And i like the bit of land at the right, which anchors the image for me.
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: churly on June 07, 2020, 12:35:52 pm
Thanks for your comments guys.  I think the bit of land does help to anchor as well.

Chuck
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 08, 2020, 10:27:42 am
The land is an anchor, but so is the patch of sunshine in Jeremy's suggestion.
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: churly on June 08, 2020, 02:40:16 pm
I very much agree Scott.  I was thinking a it more about the bit of land because I have compositions with and without and I chose the latter.  The decision was based on `gut feeling`:)

Thanks for having a look.
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 08, 2020, 02:53:11 pm
I made the comment only because it reminded me of this one of mine, which I thought I'd posted here but now can't find. I think yours is better, with or without the land.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 08, 2020, 05:13:31 pm
That's a nice one, too, Jeremy, with that dark cloud at the top and the glow on the horizon.
Title: Re: Morning Fog
Post by: churly on June 09, 2020, 11:56:29 am
That is a nice one Jeremy.  And it works without the prop.